Printable Daily Crosswords for April 2016

Here at free daily crosswords we know some of you like to print your puzzles to complete everyday so we have provided you with a list of every day’s crossword puzzle and solution that are easy to load and print using with the free to use trusted Adobe PDF reader. Return daily to find a new Printable puzzle and its solution. If you have any questions about the puzzles or the solutions please use the comments form below. Thank you for supporting Free Daily Crosswords your daily free printable crossword trusted provider!

April 2016 Printable Crosswords and Solutions

Please also explore our other months Printable Crosswords and Crossword Solutions.

April 1, 2016 -- Crossword Lover

Comments

1. “Boxcars” are fours, not sixes.

• Crossword Lover says:

• Boxcars, also known as Midnight, is the outcome of rolling the dice in a game of craps and getting a 6 on each die. The pair of 6 pips resembles a pair of boxcars on a freight train. In modern parlance, it refers to such a roll in any game involving 6 sided dice which are marked with pips. The probability of this roll is 1 in 36, or about 2.8%. This is the same probability as for rolling any other specific pair with the dice.[1]

–this is from Wikipedia

2. Frank Tank says:

Today is the first time I noticed that the puzzle is too wide for the printed paper. Now not all of the puzzle can be seen on the page. Any ideas?
    Yesterdays puzzle looks just fine. Thanks in advance. Frank

• Crossword Lover says:

Yes, we have no idea why they have changed as we have changed nothing on our end. We are waiting for one of our technical volunteers to take a look when they have some spare time from their regular job.

3. Susan Chesney says:

For some reason the puzzle does not print out right — it is slightly too big to fit on a 9 1/2 by 11 seet and the bottom line of the the puzzle grid gets cut off. I have not changed any of my printer settings and it just started happening a couple of days ago.
    Suggestions?

4. At what time do you normally post the daily puzzle? I did to attempt it early…but it seems like it’s getting later and later that it is posted.

5. Really appreciate that I can look-up older crossword puzzles. Sometimes I do not get to work on the puzzles for weeks, and it would be frustrating to not be able to check my answers. Please keep it going!

6. The last week or so the left side and the bottom of the printable puzzles has been cut off. Printer is OK.

7. How are these puzzles printed? I find no solution to change the save option to the print option.

8. I found the print option! Yaaaay, now I’ve got three days of “crosswording” to complete…:-)

9. Dino Di Giovanni says:

Sunday mornings is my favourite time to start the day with a crossword puzzle…it’s very disappointing when it’s not available…the same goes for other days when puzzles are not posted.

10. This is a great site; thank you very much!

11. rosemarie wood says:

I have wasted so much paper and ink trying to get the crosswords for my 89 year old husband and the bottom still cuts off…..please fix it. thank you

• Crossword Lover says:

As a free service we try to do our best to support our users. As we are all volunteer community members most of us do not have any technical skills. We rely on others to assist. However if you would like more of a professional crossword service with dedicated support we would suggest you subscribe to a online paid service like the LA Times crossword. They also offer daily crosswords and puzzle games.

• I’m glad that works for you; however, it doesn’t work for me.

My problem is not that it prints too wide, but that it prints too short—-cuts off the bottom part of the grid and reducing the image doesn’t help.

• Thank you for your free crosswords. I appreciate all of the volunteers.

• This happens with me as well. However, it’s a fairly easy fix. When printing, you should see a button that says, “Fit to page.” If this is not checked, then check it. If it is already checked, un-check it then check it again (sometimes if it’s already checked it won’t register as being fit to the page). When you do this, your crossword should fit smoothly onto the page.

12. The LA Times crossword is coming up in the “Printable Daily Crosswords”. Can you please fix?
    Thanks!

13. You have the wrong puzzle for Sunday May 1st

14. louise russell says:

Why all of a sudden is the LA Times crossword coming up? The print is too small for me and I like the old crossword best. Can you bring it back please?

15. norma crown says:

Please fix. Instead of today’s Daily Cross word puzzle, the L A Times puzzle is printed in its place.

16. Dave Wommack says:

now your puzzle prints improperly — cutting off left edge

17. Sarah Camden says:

Thank you for fixing the June puzzles. ☺

18. Mitch wagner says:

Wow: an unlucky Monday the 13th with no puzzle (again).

19. Larry Barrett says:

Appreciate your FREE site. If you’re going to keep on doing this, please do it right! Thank you

20. Where is Monday, June 13, 2016’s puzzle? It is after 5 PM and no post.

21. Where is Monday’s puzzle? thanks

22. harold York says:

Question about the daily puzzle not being on my page each day, sometimes getting it the next day along with
    that days puzzle? Are there days, especially weekends that they are not updated or could it be my my
    program? Thanks

23. Gregory Jester says:

In the August 21st, 2016 puzzle, what does the clue for 47 across: “Gliding steps in 31 across”, have to do with 31 across, “Sign on a grade school bathroom”? Everything I look up regarding chasse has to do with skating.
    Greg

24. There was no puzzle on Tuesday, Wednesday has the LA Times and there is no Friday… Sorry you folks must be having difficulties. Please post the puzzles, I rely on them for my sanity….. lol

25. First thing in the morning, I check this page for my daily crossword puzzle fix. Imagine my disappointment when it’s not there! Please try to get them on earlier and on the day they’re due. Very frustrating to have to keep checking.

26. Are you stopping this service?

27. Where are the puzzles?? Are they not being made available any more?
    We miss them!

28. there have been no printable puzzles since last tuesday, the 4th of oct. 2016 do u know what is wrong?

29. Crosswords have not updated in over a week now. What is going on?

• Crossword Lover says:

Not sure why you are not noticing that we have a link on this page to the October Crosswords.

• I can follow the link that you’ve put into the comments here to the October crosswords, but the list above ends at the October 4th crossword and does not include a link to the additional October crosswords. I would suggest continuing to add the new crosswords to this page (rather than an additional link) as this is the page that browsers are first brought to by the main page. Otherwise, you may start to see page views start to plummet because of people thinking you’ve discontinued the service. :)

• Crossword Lover says:

They new puzzles are on the October page. It could he a caching issue. We canno’t add any more puzzles to this page as the system will not allow it and gives us errors.

30. Roy Hooten says:

There has not been a new puzzle since the 4th. What the hell is up?

31. Marcus Rebecek says:

I cannot get pass October 4th to print the remainder of October. Can you help?

32. Clicked on the link, nothing there today. This happens a lot, sometimes the puzzle is there, sometimes it isn’t.

• Crossword Lover says:

There is not a puzzle. There is a page listing all the puzzles for the month. Is this page not viewing for you?

33. Is there going to be a link for Nov. puzzels?

34. I can’t print Nov, 4 or Nov. 5. What is going on? Thanks.

35. Carol J. Abrahamsen says:

Where are Nov. 9th and 10th? Is there a new site?

36. Ida Hutchinski says:

I take it back – my browser only shows until OCTOBER 4th. What happened?

37. Nick Kozody says:

The last puzzle available to me was Jan.08/2016. I hope it’s just temporary. Did you change websites?

38. JoAnn Postema USA(Ret.) says:

I can no longer get my favorite puzzle. My comp says it will not load: http://freedailycrosswords.com|puzzles|fex170224-data.xml Can anyone help me?

39. You have totally screwed the pooch! Every current puzzle prints as a bunch of jibberish from the initial screen. I now have to save the @#$%$@% puzzle as a pdf and then print it. Come on – once again get your act together or just give it up.